The area seems to be rich with heritage; there is a castle, several festivals, and a few temples. From what I can tell, it will be like the Lincoln of Japan but with mountains. Hirosaki is a little more spread out than the bigger cities, the cost of living is lower, and the weather is a bit colder. It is about 168, 000 people or so, which may be a bit smaller than Lincoln, but that's probably why they chose this location. They probably didn't want a little Nebraska boy to freak out in the city.
Enjoy these pictures that I have found online, and for some photos of the snow light festival check out this website: http://samuraidave.wordpress.com/category/yuki-matsuri/

7 comments:
Please watch the language on this post, my family and possibly employers will be reading this. Thank you...and Alex I haven't forgotten you, how's life? Let's keep in touch.
thats way up north. wow! i am sure when august comes around, i will be pretty envious of you. but in february...yeah, probably not.
Jared,
I miss you so much!!
I wish you a great time there!!
Let´s keep in touch
Love
Heloisa
(from Brazil if you don´t remember)
How could I ever forget my Brazilians????? I miss you too. Get ready for some amazing photos in the next month. Keep me up to date with all of your future plans. Take care
jajaja sorry for my bad words jaja... well Jared my life it´s going so cool im traveling a lot around the states and mexico... now im in gage jajajaja no kidding jaja and my wedding it´s next year at august so u r invited now u shouldn´t fail me... an i hope one of these days i can go to somewhere and visit u... take care player....
hey you! long time no see.. hehehe well i wont ask how you are doing because i see you are doing great, im really glad.
i hope to hear from you soon with great and exciting news from Hirosaki. if you have facebook add me ;)
take care! muah!!
Post a Comment